Dr. Balasubramani Ramprakash,
Postdoctoral position at Biofuels Institute, Jiangsu University, P.R. China
Sex : Male.
Date of Birth : 1985-12-08 ( Kanchipuram, Tamil nadu, India)
Current working address:
Biofuels Institute, Jiangsu University,
301 Xuefu Rd. P. O. Box 63,
Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, 212013, P. R. China
Tel: 18796080300 (O), Fax: 0511-88790955
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Major: Biochemical Engineering, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, A.C.tech, Anna University, India – 2016.
M.Sc., Biomedical Inst. Science, University of Madras, India- 2009.
B.Sc., Microbiology, University of Madras, India- 2006.
Presently working as Postdoctoral position at Biofuels Institute, Jiangsu University, P.R. China. My ongoing research, mainly focused on pretreatment of waster or wastewater to obtain maximum fermentable sugar production for the enhanced production biohydrogen using Dark and photo fermentation from bacteria and algae. Having published more than 4 peer reviewed scientific papers as a first author and also published one book chapter.
- Energy and Environment
- Bioconversion of waste biomass resources for the production biofuels, such as Bio hydrogen, Bioethanol and Biomethane.
- Waste to wealth concepts
Presentations in conferences and workshops
1. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K, Production of biohydrogen from Industrial effluents using Enterobacter aerogenes. A national level conference on “GREEN CHEMISTRY-2012” Conference held at A.C.Tech, Anna University Chennai -25.
2. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K. Production of biohydrogen from acid hydrolyzed rice mill wastewater using Enterobacter aerogenes MTCC 2822. Chemcon – 2011.
List of Publications
1. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K 2014, ‘Comparative study on the production of biohydrogen from rice mill wastewater’, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol.39, pp.14613-14621.
2. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K 2015, ‘Comparative study on the performance of various pretreatment and hydrolysis methods for the production of biohydrogen using Enterobacter aerogenes RM 08 from rice mill wastewater’, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol.40, pp.9106-9112.
3. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K. “Improved biohydrogen production from rice mill wastewater using mutated Enterobacter aerogenes”, Engineering in Agriculture, Environment and Food journal, vol.9, pp.109-115.
4. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K. Influence of Sulphuric acid concentration on biohydrogen production from rice mill wastewater using pure and Co-cultures of Enterobacter aerogenes and Citrobacter freundii. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. In press 2017
1. Ramprakash B and Muthukumar K, Hydrogen Production from Wastewater by Biochemical Methods" in press Encyclopedia of Water: Science, Technology, and Society, 2017.